A Language of Our Own

The Dawg Pound is a place to discuss non-baseball topics. It is meant to be for non-controversial topics and generally light hearted. The Dawg Pound II is for the hard hitting issues. Please be respectful in your posts and as always, no profanity.
auntiepatti
Hot Dawg

09 Mar 2004, 04:40 #1

Okay, so we are truly over the edge. Some of us regulars in Chat have decided to start a glossary for abbreviations and terms we use in chat. For many of us it is because we are afraid we might forget them by October!
So for starters:
y's = Y@#nk@@s No longer will we capitalize.
no show = YES Network
Steinweiner = Steinbrenner
Cash Man = Brian Cashman
As we decide on others in chat we can add to our list!

Patti
aka auntiepattionoldcapedcod
"Progress involves risk. You can't steal second and keep your foot on first." Frederick Wilcox
Life will always throw you curves, just keep fouling them off... the right pitch will come, but when it
does, be prepared to run the bases. ~Rick Maksian

zimmerolls
RemDawg

09 Mar 2004, 07:04 #2

AFraud- Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez, born in NY...oh we should have known!
Cheater- Derek Sanderson Jeter, Yes you heard me...he stole the name of a BRUIN!!! *&%$!!*&! This is the truth, the B*$@$#! was named after Derek Sanderson!
snip to sip - an optical conclusion known as a Philism

jimsemons
Dawg in Training

09 Mar 2004, 14:57 #3

Quote:
For many of us it is because we are afraid we might forget them by October!
Patti-October?---how about not remembering them tomorrow!
We are truely crazed and that is the best part---
Sue thanks for the Jeter--"the rest of the story"--on his name!
This is also an invitation for old or new dawg members to join us regulars or irregulars in chat in evenings--especially as I like to call it "Late Night with the Dawgs"---it is fun no doubt about it -----so join us and Run with the Dawgs!
Jim
Help us expand on a Language of our own--
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to."--Miracle on 34th Street
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to."--Miracle on 34th Street

zimmerolls
RemDawg

09 Mar 2004, 15:11 #4

a Philism, a word, expression that we attribute to our lovable lurker Phil

mlindak2003
Rem Pup

09 Mar 2004, 19:21 #5

Quote:
This is also an invitation for old or new dawg members to join us regulars or irregulars in chat in evenings--especially as I like to call it "Late Night with the Dawgs"---it is fun no doubt about it -----so join us and Run with the Dawgs!
The more the merrier! We love talking to new people - but sadly we scare many away with out "insider" lingo. Thanks Patti for coming up with the "lexicon" idea. You're right - if we don't write it down we will forgot what we said.
Linda "Your lips are moving ... but all I hear is 'Blah, Blah, Blah.'"
Curt Schilling's Spring Training Tee Shirt - February 20, 2004

duncsmom5
RemDawg

09 Mar 2004, 19:29 #6

Rope----an item used to pull back chatters who inadvertently get bounced from the chat room and get thrown into the icy cold waters of cyberspace; more commonly used in "old" chat.

youngd2
RemDawg

09 Mar 2004, 19:32 #7

$-Rod, $-Fraud - even more ways to refer to A-Rod
ee - Evil Empire (aka Yankees)

Green Monster 1947 - 2002. RIP

muellerdamon1118
Dawg in Training

09 Mar 2004, 19:42 #8

The Phil and Angie Show. The chat room's own comedy duo. LOL
"Billy Ballgame," the Red Sox captain said. "He's a batting champion. He's our Trot [Nixon] of the infield. He gets at it every day and gets dirty head to toe."

zimmerolls
RemDawg

10 Mar 2004, 02:00 #9

ROFLY - Rolling on the floor laughing, yelping!

luckylady493
Hot Dawg

10 Mar 2004, 02:04 #10

Quote: $-Rod, $-Fraud - even more ways to refer to A-Rod
----------------------------------------
LOL
My future brother-in-law refers to him as A-Rod the A-Hole :)

Unfortunately that always starts the old A-hab the A-rab song scittering through my brain and that, dear Martha, is NOT a good thing!

Donna
More than any other American sport, baseball creates the magnetic, addictive illusion that it can almost be understood. ~Thomas Boswell,
in Inside Sports